WinAmp plugin FAQ

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

coorz
Site Admin

Postby coorz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:44 am

Ratings are there from WinAmp v5.
And i believe it's Spock from that ehm whatsitcalledagain series, Star Trek or sumthing :D

spock
Site Admin

spock

Postby spock » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:30 am

Chander wrote:And just a random question but are you the same spock as the one on irc.dal.net/windows95.

No, actually, I'm a self-contained and self-sustaining copy of myself. :P
And what's the use of categorising and rating songs, if it doesn't affect anything? Just for looks?
What I do is very simple... I load everything onto the playlist and put it to random. If I don't want to listen to a song, I just press next. Works every time...
Live long and prosper...

elijahdprophet

Postby elijahdprophet » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:39 am

Rather then start a new thread I thought I would post here with a quick question/problem.

I have recently started downloading files in the FLAC format, and I patched winamp to play these files. The problem I run into is that the winamp plugin for LCDStudio will not read the tag information properly.

My winamp design has 2 lines for the primary data:

Winamp.Title
Winamp.Artist

With the mp3 files it works right, song title above artist, with the flac files Artist comes up as 'Unknown' and the title comes up as [artist name] - [song title]

I prefer the custom design I made, and was wondering if anyone had any idea why the flac files tags arent reading.

Thanks!

spock
Site Admin

FLAC

Postby spock » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:24 am

Have you given any consideration to the fact that those FLAC files could very nicely not have iD3 tags? Or, even if they do have some sort of tags, it's not iD3 compliant, or that FLAC->Winamp plugin that you're using to play them doesn't bother registering the according data as iD3?
All in all, it seems much more logical that it doesn't read them properly than if it did.
And I don't think it's a problem of the LCDstudio plug-in...
Live long and prosper...

elijahdprophet

Postby elijahdprophet » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:39 am

When I click on the files in the playlist and choose 'view file info' the tags are there, they just are not displaying properly.

I tried using another flac plugin for winamp and it broke what few display elements were working.

The reason I posted it here is it seems to be an issue that does not present itself within winamp, only when I try to get the tag details to display using the LCDStudio plug in.

spock
Site Admin

FLAC

Postby spock » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:44 pm

You mean to tell me, that the FLAC plug-in is filling in the iD3 fields in the... in-built mp3 decoder plug-in?
Somehow, I find that a little hard to believe.
Perhaps those FLAC files or the plug-in have a similar dialog box, and named it the same, so you think it's iD3. In any case, only Ray can download that plug-in and try making it work, which I don't really see happening.
You see... he's got other things to fix first! :P
Live long and prosper...

Aeryck
Homo Moderatus

Postby Aeryck » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:35 pm

elijahdprophet wrote:When I click on the files in the playlist and choose 'view file info' the tags are there, they just are not displaying properly.

I tried using another flac plugin for winamp and it broke what few display elements were working.

The reason I posted it here is it seems to be an issue that does not present itself within winamp, only when I try to get the tag details to display using the LCDStudio plug in.

When you 'view file information' in Winamp, it's not just using a generic ID3 tag viewer. Each input plugin has its own means for displaying song information. LCDStudio's plugin looks for ID3 information present in mp3's, but that information doesn't exist as such in FLAC files.

There are two options that could resolve this - If Ray has time, he could modify the Winamp plugin to support song information from FLAC files. Or, you could write a custom plugin to get the song details from a FLAC file (using Winamp's file name data item to choose the song that's playing), and use a custom variable in your design to choose between Winamp's ID3 information or the FLAC song information.

Due to Ray's already hectic schedule, I'd assume the latter would be more likely than the former.
"Yes, that's right. We're having a difficult time finding the enemy."
"Well, what do you use to look for them?"
"We ask people, 'are you the enemy?'. And whoever says yes, we shoot them!"

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:38 pm

Actually all song information is directly taken from winamp, i'm not doing any more id3 parsing my selve, so basicly it boils down to "if winamp doesn't cough up the information you can't see it in studio' :)

elijahdprophet

Postby elijahdprophet » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Cool deal.

I was not aware that FLACs used a different tagging scheme then MP3s, I figured tags were tags.

Maybe I will look into writing a FLAC plugin at work today.

Thanks all.

Cruzader

Postby Cruzader » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Heyho!

Is there a way to display a playlist of next 20 titles but this at a dynamic state? All i found is a function to display the whole list but this never changes. I'd like to have as result the actual title big on top and the following ones smaller below. There should be a way maybe to workaround on this by custom variables, isnt't it?

Greets,
Dennis

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:16 pm

when you drag in the list you should be able to set an indexer property so the currently playingsong is always on top.

blubberhoofd

Postby blubberhoofd » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:15 pm

hi,

I've been trying to use Winamp's "Mux" plugin for multiple visualisations e.g. lcdstudio + mikdrop2 for example.

until now I've only been succesful with lcdstudio + AVS, which runs very choppy.

has anyone had more luck/experience with multiple winamp visualisations?

hardware_crash

Postby hardware_crash » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Is it possible to programm a winamp playlist which scrolls depending on the running number of the title ?
So that it shows only 10 titles .

How can i explain what i mean :?
I hava a playlist with 100 titles..
just 10 titles should be shown...
it runs from the first to the 10 title an then it schould scroll that you see 11 to 20 title .... and so on

hope you understand what i mean and sorry for my bad english ^^ :D

spineman

Displaying Winamp wave/spectrum

Postby spineman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:35 pm

I have installed Winamp plugins as per Crooz guide at start of this thread, The whole visulisation library etc. as in:

3) make sure you start the plugin, otherwise you won't see the spectrum analyzers (but you will see the other WinAmp info).
- CTRL+K to open the plugins visualization dialogue, select LcdStudio visualization library, click START.
- or CTRL+SHIFT+K to start it directly.
- check 'Plugins>Auto execute vis plugin on playback' if you're a lazy sob.

has not made the slightest bit of sense to me for about three weeks now, although to be fair I had very limited access to a PC & was using 'imaginary' display, set up by my wonderfull Tech Sergeant, who despairs every time he seem me within 2 meters of a computer.

I have a GX Typhoon, OS is Vista Home premium/ XP. Winamp 5.53. Any expanded information on 'Visualisation library/ Dialogue" & the starting of them would be much appreciated, I do understand how to press the keys down at the same time, but after that it all gets a bit hazy to me :?

Thanks for any info/ assistance
By Strength & Guile
Learning to be a 'civvy' seems to be the most demanding training over the last 34 years
Water cooling PC's is fun, the sparks and instant darkness in the neighborhood makes it well worth the cost

holyone2

Postby holyone2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:19 pm

I also would be eternally grateful for anyone who could tell me how to get LCDstudio to control ONLY winamp's volume, not the master volume. If I can do that then I can run music in the background of games, at the moment I cannot do this as the volume is always too loud or too quiet!!

Return to “Plugins”