Time for a sticky on the WinAmp plugin and visualization widgets;
1) WinAmp 2 or 5 is supported.
2) c:\program files\winamp\plugins must contain the WinampNative.dll (it is copied there by default when you install Studio).
If you have installed WinAmp in another place or your OS is in a different language; manually copy that .dll to the WinAmp plugins folder.
Please note that the WinampNative.dll only provides the visualizations (the wave and spectrum widgets)
, all other WinAmp info is handled by the WinAmp plugin.
3) make sure you start the plugin
, otherwise you won't see the spectrum analyzers (but you will see the other WinAmp info).
- CTRL+K to open the plugins visualization dialogue, select LcdStudio visualization library, click START.
- or CTRL+SHIFT+K to start it directly.
- check 'Plugins>Auto execute vis plugin on playback' if you're a lazy sob.
4) kinda more exotic case here
, has to do with filenames and administrator rights.
5) fun with filenames.
6) It is possible to tie the Winamp.VuLeft and Winamp.VuRight LcdDataItems to the Gauge widget (VU meters) or an animated gif to create some funky style visualizations. Experiment with it's min/max value.
7) Winamp Status icons tied to a custom variable read up here
topic open for additions/corrections