hotkey plugin to use all keys on keyboard (esp. on g15)

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Hey stop taking my excuses away for me not releasing shit! :shock:

questions

Postby questions » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:27 pm

lmao

lodrazor
LcdStudio2 Expert

Postby lodrazor » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:04 pm

uNKi, i have d/l the plugin, but can you give a step-by-step on how to use it? Thanks in advance.
I am a bomb squad technician, if you see me running, try to keep up!

chanzui

Postby chanzui » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:45 pm

yeah,

i don`t know how to use it, too.

Playlist --> Alterts? or wehre? oO

Please help us^^

joshua_70448

Postby joshua_70448 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:36 am

chanzui wrote:yeah,

i don`t know how to use it, too.

Playlist --> Alterts? or wehre? oO

Please help us^^

Here's how I got it working:

In your playlist, go to the Alerts tab. Add each design you want to flip between using the hotkeys. For each design, enter HotKeys.CTRL-SHIFT-F# (replacing # with the hotkey number) in the Activate When box, and set "Changes to" to True. Now, I found that after 5 seconds the default design would come back. To fix this, I set the Runtime on each Alert to 999999999. A quick and dirty fix, but it works well enough for me.

*edit* One problem, though: I can't flip between any designs until I hit the hotkey for the default design (the one I've got listed in the Regular Rotation). Just a minor little annoyance.

MasterOfTheHat

Postby MasterOfTheHat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:44 pm

Has anyone tried to use this with external buttons? i.e. something similar to LY2NP? I'm sure there are other COM port or USB hacks for emulating key presses! If that were available, you could stick a few buttons on the mount for your LCD/VFD and switch between screens at will...

Dang! I really need to get mine wired up!

MasterOfTheHat

Postby MasterOfTheHat » Mon May 08, 2006 9:39 pm

MasterOfTheHat wrote:Has anyone tried to use this with external buttons? i.e. something similar to LY2NP? I'm sure there are other COM port or USB hacks for emulating key presses! If that were available, you could stick a few buttons on the mount for your LCD/VFD and switch between screens at will...

Dang! I really need to get mine wired up!

Does no one else see the advantages to this?

tiki20

Postby tiki20 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:24 pm

uNki: Thanks for this plug-in. I might get good use of it later (se below)

MasterOfTheHat wrote:Has anyone tried to use this with external buttons? i.e. something similar to LY2NP? I'm sure there are other COM port or USB hacks for emulating key presses! If that were available, you could stick a few buttons on the mount for your LCD/VFD and switch between screens at will...

I have been thinking of using my VFD in my living room. I'm building an addition to my house and the new living room will have lot's of hidden wiring for speakers, networking, TV and maybe my VFD (It's important for me with discretion despite high geek-factor). I'm thinking of using the VFD for info on time, new e-mail, news RSS ++. If I can use one of the remotes to switch between LCD-S screens it will be cool! I have seen programs that can "fetch" remote signals and send key commands to other programs (LCD-Studio). I have an IR-sensor from a Pinnacle TV-card I used earlier. Hope to get this working later.

Thanks again!
Last edited by tiki20 on Fri May 12, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiki20

Postby tiki20 » Fri May 12, 2006 1:06 pm

By the above I mean that it would be nice to cycle through 3-4 screens by pressing one/the same key-combo several times (or by pressing the remote button choosed) :wink:

Jiggs

Postby Jiggs » Sat May 27, 2006 9:44 pm

hmm. big problem with this plugin. the F keys are used in many applications. in windows, F1 is help in most things. F2 starts recordign a voice clip in msn, etc. in games, some F keys save and load, some do other things. So i sadly cant use the plugin :(. i used it for a few mins now, but have to delete the alert entries. cos i keep getting weird things happening.
any idea how this can be solved? is it just for me that the F keys get registered?

PAHO

Postby PAHO » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:32 pm

Hello,

i dont know if you already know, but with the new Logitech driver you can switch between the screens in your playlist.
I have installed the driver weeks ago and today i pressed the second and third key under the LCD and it switched :shock:

zoggy

Postby zoggy » Mon May 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Ray wrote:i posted it on the download page underner the 3rd party downloads.

http://www.lcdstudio.com/site20/download.php

The link for uNKi's download does not work. Can you please fix? :)

blap_psx

Postby blap_psx » Wed May 21, 2008 5:00 pm

You cna find it here :
http://wiki.blap.info/_media/lcdstudio: ... otkeys.zip

Regards,

Blap_pSx

danespen

Postby danespen » Sat May 24, 2008 12:43 am

PAHO wrote:Hello,

i dont know if you already know, but with the new Logitech driver you can switch between the screens in your playlist.
I have installed the driver weeks ago and today i pressed the second and third key under the LCD and it switched :shock:
Same here (Dell notebook with integrated Logitech G15), but with first and second key :D

JohQ

Postby JohQ » Sun May 25, 2008 4:49 pm

Please check the link. When i click it the http://www.lcdstudio.com/site20/click/click.php?id=19 site opens and there just reads "this id doesent exist"..

EDIT: Whoops sorry i didnt see someone had already said this...

Return to “Plugins”