Plugin request topic

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

coorz
Site Admin

Plugin request topic

Postby coorz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:33 pm

Someone will get mad for me posting this :D , but it's pretty much an obligatory/inevitable issue.
Studio 2 is quite complete, but do post here your request for possible plugins you'd like to see featured, preferably those that are useful to 99% of the community :wink:

So here's a summary of requested plugins in no particular order:

Girder
Trillian
Keypad/button support (WinAMP)
Zoomplayer
Folding @ Home
Windows Media Center
Outlook - Starbuck3733T is attempting that
Textreader - done by Jess
Steam - done by Herman
Azareus - done by Herman
POP3 - done by Herman
Meedio - C.Mee done by Wagner apparantly working with Studio?
Hotkey plugin - done by uNki
Weather - Done by clevindn, perfected by Abnormal1
Final Fantasy XI (game) - by pseudo.
Last edited by coorz on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Syridian
LcdStudio2 Expert

Postby Syridian » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:11 am

Who's going to get mad Coorz? This is a hell of alot better than having a new topic request for each plugin someone wants.

Coorz has also made a point that I would like to stress to all of you wanting plugins. Please think about whether a plugin is useful to others before requesting it! There have been requests in the past that are down right rude and demanding, and of no real interest to others. New plugins at this stage are not a priority, and there is an SDK available to you to learn how to program your own plugins. Developers on this site are busy getting LCD Studio ready for the Full initial release, and don't have time for one off requests for a plugin. If you can't program yourself, then find someone who can, or teach yourself. :) Or make a large cash donation to the project. ;)

I guess the basic message is to think, is it worth a developer spending hours of his/her time to deleop this plugin. If you think so, request it in here, but be polite, and wait to see whether others are interested in the same plugin. This is a forum, so if you see a plugin requested that you want, show your support, don't just expect it to be done if there's only one request for it.

I just wanted it out there so people can not say later "Well, no-one explained it to me!" when we get annoyed by repeated requests by the same person. Plugins that get about 5 people's support in here, will have a new topic started and a poll to see how popular the plugin is.

Ok... That will end my annoying explaination of what should be obvious. :)

Daensch

Postby Daensch » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 pm

Hi@all..

at first.. nice prog =)

I use it just a few days and started with version 1,42 (but it needs too much cpu power , 80-92%) and now with v2 its much better.

But there r some things r missing i think.

However i create a textboxed, displaying me some infos about the winamp song i hear it is sometimes too small.. but when i make it fit, the whole display maybe too small.
Howabout "Scrolling only if VAR doesnt fit" point in the properties ?
(excuse me if i talk about some features the program allready got, but i dont know how =))

And moving a textbox while i use for " X = Winamp.PlayingPct" (aktually percent of a title)?

The last option i would have ^^ (but i thinks it girders-side to akt) a plugin which can switch to screens. Girder is a program wich akts on ir-remote controllers with programms (bsp: shortcuts)
So when i
Last edited by Daensch on Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^herman^

Postby ^herman^ » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:37 pm

im pretty mutch full with fixing the plugins i already made. Trying to get them out of beta stage.

However if there is a request and its resonably easy to make. And a few peeps would realy like it. I might make it ;)
Plugin designer since 1.5

Vric

Postby Vric » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:56 pm

A Trillian Pro Plugin would be great. (MSN, ICQ, Y!, AIM)

Sadly, it's not VERY poupular, but would be very nice :lol:

coorz
Site Admin

Postby coorz » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:12 pm

[quote="Daensch"]Hi@all..

at first.. nice prog =)

I use it just a few days and started with version 1,42 (but it needs too much cpu power , 80-92%) and now with v2 its much better.

But there r some things r missing i think.

However i create a textboxed, displaying me some infos about the winamp song i hear it is sometimes too small.. but when i make it fit, the whole display maybe too small.
Howabout "Scrolling only if VAR doesnt fit" point in the properties ?
(excuse me if i talk about some features the program allready got, but i dont know how =))

And moving a textbox while i use for " X = Winamp.PlayingPct" (aktually percent of a title)?

The last option i would have ^^ (but i thinks it girders-side to akt) a plugin which can switch to screens. Girder is a program wich akts on ir-remote controllers with programms (bsp: shortcuts)
So when i

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:39 pm

Vric wrote:A Trillian Pro Plugin would be great. (MSN, ICQ, Y!, AIM)

I think the last X actions item from the msn plugin would als work for trilian (msn only ofcourse) but you'll have to try it out to be sure i never tested it.

Vric

Postby Vric » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:37 pm

Ray wrote:
Vric wrote:A Trillian Pro Plugin would be great. (MSN, ICQ, Y!, AIM)

I think the last X actions item from the msn plugin would als work for trilian (msn only ofcourse) but you'll have to try it out to be sure i never tested it.

Sadly, it doesn't work. Trillian have his own Plugin Support

XIII

Postby XIII » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:32 pm

I'd love to see a plugin which will tail a textfile.
That way it'd be usuable for a lot of applications, like outputting logs from servers, irc chats, and so on.

Syridian
LcdStudio2 Expert

Postby Syridian » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:42 am

A Text reader plugin is planned.

However if you are desperate there is code for a very basic textreader plugin in viewtopic.php?p=13190#13190 this link.

Jess--
LcdStudio2 Expert

Postby Jess-- » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:23 pm

XIII

text reader plugin with tailing can be found here http://www.lcdstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8892

Currently early stages of development, but doing exactly what you requested.
They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you hear satanic messages.
That's nothing, if you play it forwards it installs Windows.

CryoFast

Postby CryoFast » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:20 am

Hi All !

Plugin for iTunes planed ? or somebody can write it ? like WinAmp plugin

XIII

Postby XIII » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:55 pm

Jess-- wrote:Currently early stages of development, but doing exactly what you requested.

Life is beautiful, thanks a lot. :D

Vitesse

Postby Vitesse » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:18 am

Something that might be handy for people who dabble in programming (like me) might be a way to display a value from the windows registry. I do a lot of visual basic (VB6) and the like and im sure many others do too, might be an idea worth considering...as this would be an easy way to get something displayed from a program.

program writes registry value say for example "Hello World" and then it can be displayed, that way you could use pretty much any language your comfortable writing in and you could have interactive display from your programs.

Ray
Site Admin

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:22 am

any dotnet language is already supported (vb.net/C#/object pascal or hell even cobol), vb6 had its good uses but once you played a little with the dotnet stuff you'll realize it's really much nicer then your old beloved vb6.

really make the switch you'll love it

Return to “Plugins”