Wiring how-to guestbook - [RESTORED]

All your questions about hooking up your display

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

Wiring how-to guestbook - [RESTORED]

Postby spock » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:05 am

This is the place to post your comments, ideas, suggestions and anything you feel you want to share with us, regarding the "Wiring how-to".
Thank you!
Last edited by spock on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby KnOeFz » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:34 pm

Pictures and text are very clear! Compliments for that!.Only thing missing in my opinion are schematics... without schematics the whole how-to is only half complete I think. I know there's a lot of different wireings for different brands, but it would be very usefull to have a large online collection of them in this how-to :)
KnOeFz

schematics

Postby spock » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:25 pm

Schematics is a different issue altogether! You cannot really expect me to have pictures of every LCD out there!
This is a guide whose purpose is the introduction to the general idea of "how to wire" an LCD, "what do the wires/connectors look like", "how is it generally done", and so on.
Like I say in my first news post (on the main page), schematics will follow, one page for each controller I have!
Please direct your comments (and votes) on the specific guide, bearing in mind the reason it was made for.
Thanks!
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby UNOPARATOR » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:17 pm

I think the article link is dead...
UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Jah we upgraded the site since that post was made, this information is nolonger available. sorry about that.
Ray
Site Admin

Wiring guide

Postby spock » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:26 pm

The Wiring guide is back. With some resurrecting spells from Ray's archive, I managed to salvage the guide and transfer it to my homepage:
Wiring Guide
Enjoy!
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby tweedius » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:49 pm

Just about the same technique I used to hook up my first LCD. If you guys saw the way I hooked my first up you would probably ban me.

WARNING: DO NOT DO THIS, SPOCKs GUIDE IS MUCH MORE PRETTY.

1) Cut printer cable in half and continuity tested every single wire to every single pin, used masking tape to record which pin what wire went to.

2) Used a grinder in the shop on an IDE cable almost down to the where the plug interfaces with the cable so that it fit into the slot, but didn't screw up the connection from the wire to the connector.

3) Twisted wire pairs together, dipped in flux, soldered together, electrician tape shielded!.

Voila.

Noone said I was a pro like you guys or anything.

What types of supply houses can I look for for raw materials so I don't have to halfass my 3900 :P ?

-Tweed
tweedius

Return to Wiring