Windows 7 (64) Media Center

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

Bobbo

Windows 7 (64) Media Center

Postby Bobbo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm

I recently purchased the Matrix Orbital GX Series display. My goal is to display current information from windows media center. The channel, program, etc. I found an application that plugs into media center. http://vmccontroller.codeplex.com/releases/view/23251
It installs a simple http server, how do I write a script to take the data from the webpage and display it in LCDStudio? Someone created a DLL file for LCDSmartie but I don't know how to get that working under lcd studio.

Any help would be appreciated

spock
Site Admin

WMC

Postby spock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Actually... I personally have no idea. I presume you want to show data from some remote machine, right? Well all scripting inside LCDstudio is C#, so I would guess, if that http server does XML exports, you can import that data into LCDstudio, even through a custom variable, actually, and then do whatever you want with it.
I'm sorry but I'm not particularly willing to start installing weird software just to test out the case. If anyone else is willing... please, be my guest.
Cheers.
Live long and prosper...

Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't have to use that method. Everything is local. I want to be able to display in real time the status of windows media center. Are there any plugins that you might be aware of? The media center plugins that come with LCD Studio don't work.

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:29 pm

If you would like to use MediaPortal instead of WMC, which is far more superior, you could use MediaPortal's external Lcd plugin which supports LcdStudio...

Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I would but it doesn't support my ceton cable card.

spock
Site Admin

WMC

Postby spock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Hm... indeed, the plug-in doesn't work. Don't know why... probably microsoft changed something in the new versions of WMC.
We'll see about that...
Live long and prosper...

poslundc

Postby poslundc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Any updates on this? I would love to get a Matrix Orbital display if they can be made to work with 7MC.

Thanks,

Dan.

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 am

Who needs WMC when there are better options like Media Portal or XBMC.

For instance, I know that Media Portal has support for Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon.

P.S: After posting this I noticed that I had already said the same thing months ago... :lol:

Return to “Plugins”