UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby Max3D » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 pm

yeeee i love the news :D

but i've disabled "Metro" and the operative system looks like disagree

Max3D

Metro

Postby spock » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Essentially, what they're saying is : "Metro is the GUI everybody will use, want it or not, you jerk, so if you tell anybody how you disabled it, your ass is grass and we're the lawnmower"...
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby Max3D » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Yes, but dudes like vhanlahave made some application to disable Metro without losing the rest :)

Back to LCDStudio and Win8... while the Network stats gone disabled by LCDS. order, the Everest plugin still working but lost network data too O.o'
Finally XOBar didn't work correctly and the text is unreadable :?

as you can see on the bottom of the screen should be readable the Processor Loading
Max3D

Bar

Postby spock » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:30 am

That could mean that they either changed something in the rendering, or that there's something wrong with your fonts, or that it's still a long way from stable and MS got a bug in the .NET implementation for Win8.
Either way, I won't change a thing until that thing reaches at least Release Candidate. ;)
Also, it seems they (probably) changed the networking interface... again... :roll:
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby Max3D » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:51 am

To be honest... I still stay in windows 7 for a loooooooog time ... I guess Image
Max3D

OS

Postby spock » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 am

Hey, since we've totally botched the thread here, let's finish the job.
I think that most operating systems of today suck. Windows is based on a flawed paradigm, with their monolithic core and registry-based operation. Not to mention a GUI team that doesn't know where to go. One version here, next version there, most things are being designed based on "usage statistics" and shit like that. Then you have Linux, which is essentially a relic from 40 years ago. Unix was once the word, but not today and definitely not for desktop PCs. They're trying to update it, twist it and renovate it, but it still is that old crooked thing that still lacks essential technologies (look at Weyland) and other aspects of it are either outdated, or totally focused on server performance and not desktop PCs, or both. And finally, if you're not a Linux guru or willing to read a lot, just to achieve simple tasks, configuring Linux is bad. Mac OS X is a lot better in that department, it's relatively modern, its Mach-derived kernel is considered to be state of the art, the GUI is concise and pristine, but... it lacks a lot of the (whatever) openness of Windows. Apple is rather oppressive. It's usually "our way or the highway", and whilst I like the attitude, especially when it's about useless legacy compatibility and/or stupid things (read Adobe Flash) that make the computers slow and unprotected, the same attitude extends also to new or nice things. And of course, you'll have to spend money on their hardware, unless you want to spend your days tinkering with the innards, in which case you're worse off than with Linux.
So... which OS? No idea, all of them have fatal flaws. I guess that's why we keep using Windows. It's not great, but at least it's the one everyone else is using. Bleh...
Anybody care to start a new OS with me? :D
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby Max3D » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:31 pm

ahhhhhagreeeee totally ! :)
OSX suxxx on many side (IHMO) the best OS still XP, ... but maybe better was Win98se :lol:
but you will need of a sort of registry, i suppose... at the end config.sys in dos was a sort of registry to load the drivers :D
Max3D

Return to Plugins