n00b question of the week

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

gunning1987

n00b question of the week

Postby gunning1987 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 am

i cant find where to place the everest files to read in data list im running win7 64 and i cant find lcdstudio plugin folder please help.

mitch

cdeez

Postby cdeez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 pm

if you have everest the program installed http://www.lavalys.com/

then all you need to do is place the plugin files in the lcdstudio folder under program files.
then enable the everest plugin in lcdstudio.
Once that is done under the properties in the everest program , there a tab for external program , check the box that says shared memory.

this will allow everest to talk to the everest plugin in lcdstudio !

hope this helps !

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Re: n00b question of the week

Postby UNOPARATOR » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 am

gunning1987 wrote:i cant find where to place the everest files to read in data list im running win7 64 and i cant find lcdstudio plugin folder please help.

mitch
Since you're using a 64bit Windows, there are two Program Files folders in the system drive's root (most likely C:).
1) Program Files is used for 64bit applications
2) Program Files (x86) is used for 32bit applications which acts as Program Files while a 32bit application tries to reach Program Files folder.

So you need to copy "Everest Plugin for LcdStudio"s files (a .dll file & a .plugin file) in to C:\Program Files (x86)\LcdStudio (where C: is your system drive's letter).
If I remember correctly there are 2 installation options for "Everest Plugin for LcdStudio":
1) Shared Memory plugin
2) WMI plugin
You need to choose one of them and as cdeez mentioned, you need to enable the necessary option in Lavalys Everest (according to your chosen plugin).

Make sure to fully exit from LcdStudio (even from the tray area, if you're running from tray) after you enabled the Everest plugin, so that the settings of LcdStudio would be saved!!!

Return to “Plugins”