Awesommmeee

Show off and share your LcdStudio 2.0 Designs.

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

Awesommmeee

Postby tehseano » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:01 pm

Spent at least 6 hours last night writing some custom variables for my new display. I rebooted this morning, now they're gone. Yayyy!!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who know binary and those who don't.
tehseano

Custom

Postby spock » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 pm

You should have read... LCDstudio doesn't save custom variables unless you explicitly close it (not reboot).
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Re: Custom

Postby tehseano » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:11 pm

spock wrote:You should have read... LCDstudio doesn't save custom variables unless you explicitly close it (not reboot).

Where could I have read this at? I have had a horrible time finding information on this forum. Information isn't organized very well.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who know binary and those who don't.
tehseano

Postby timesheep » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:52 pm

well...
all of your variables are saved in a file.. i think its custom.xml
And you might have more data secure if you turn off your computer AFTER closing all the programs with data you dont want to lose.
Of course you might not need to with explorer.exe in order to save the way you put your icons on the desktop ;)
timesheep

Postby TTS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:05 pm

mabie u could add a "save custom variables" button, so u dont have to close it to get them to save.
TTS

Postby timesheep » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:11 pm

i can make you a batch file which will terminate LCDStudio but theres nothing good in that as you do it the hard way...
but if it saved even when forced to end, i could make a batch for restarting the program and copying the file.
But i got no reason to do it.
timesheep

Postby Mostly Harmless » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:48 pm

TTS wrote:mabie u could add a "save custom variables" button, so u dont have to close it to get them to save.

not a bad idea, that would help a lot.
Mostly Harmless

Return to Designs