UNO's HTML Reader Plugin - v2.0.0.0 released [2008-11-25]

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

UNO's HTML Reader Plugin - v2.0.0.0 released [2008-11-25]

Postby UNOPARATOR » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:11 pm

A simple multi URL HTML Reader plugin for LcdStudio v2.1 which also shows your "External IP" from www.whatismyip.com (doesn't require any settings)

From the Settings windows, it is possible to set the "URLs" (each one separated by a semicolon ";" without any spaces) which this plugin reads the HTML code from.
i.e : http://www.blahblah.com/status.php?user ... php?status
After changing the value you must click "Accept Settings" button for changes to apply.

Refresh rate is 1 minute for URLs and 5 minutes for WhatIsMyIp.

You can download it from here
Edit : Plugin and link updated [2010-05-05]

Changes: [2008-07-08]
    - Updated WhatIsMyIp URL (more info about this necessary change and the reason why previous version stopped showing IP explained here)
    - WhatIsMyIp update interval changed from 10 seconds to 5 minutes (read above link for why)
    - Added LastIpCheck DateTime value.
    - Updated fetching interval of URLs from 10 seconds to 1 minute

Edit : Plugin updated to version 2.0.0.0 [2008-11-25]

Changes: [2008-11-25]
    - Almost completely changed settings screen
    - Each URL is now added seperately by using Add New URL button.
    - Added Last Check 1 & Last Check 2 DateTime values to each URL for tracking (may come in handy when using custom variables).
    - Added Refresh Interval (seconds) to each URL to able to update each URL seperately (mininum 5, maximum 3600 seconds)
    - Added Enable/Disable checkbox (the first checkbox in each URL) to enable/disable URLs listening on each URL seperately.
    - Added a 2nd checkbox to enable HTML to XHTML conversion (you might have noticed the added HtmlAgilityPack.dll in the package which is needed - it is customized (overridden the .ToString() method)) to able to use DOM approach for easier custom variable creation (and to be able use XSL transformations)
    - Added XSL button to supply a XSL transformation file (*.xsl) for converting XHTML content to other representations.
    - Added X button to remove any URL which is no longer needed.
    - Ability to change External IP fetch URL by manually editing Settings.xml in LcdStudio's folder when LcdStudio is not running. (You can see this reminder in the settings screen's middle button)
Last edited by UNOPARATOR on Wed May 05, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 11 times in total.

GNF

Postby GNF » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:58 pm

small problem i have with this plug-in. if for some reason my isp, internet connection, router has a malfunction and i get no internet connection when lcdstudio starts i get an error for this plug-in and it is not starting. the same thing does not happend if i have internet when lcdstudio starts and i loose it after.

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:48 pm

GNF wrote:small problem i have with this plug-in. if for some reason my isp, internet connection, router has a malfunction and i get no internet connection when lcdstudio starts i get an error for this plug-in and it is not starting. the same thing does not happend if i have internet when lcdstudio starts and i loose it after.
I'll check that when I have time. Already guessing where the problem lies though ;) E.T.A : sometime this week I hope...

Edit : Can try this one? I'm too tired and lazy at the moment, I just wanted to try it (but this should probably do the trick) before I go to bed (also to eliminate the possibility of forgetting about this) :P

GNF

Postby GNF » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 pm

UNOPARATOR wrote:
GNF wrote:small problem i have with this plug-in. if for some reason my isp, internet connection, router has a malfunction and i get no internet connection when lcdstudio starts i get an error for this plug-in and it is not starting. the same thing does not happend if i have internet when lcdstudio starts and i loose it after.
I'll check that when I have time. Already guessing where the problem lies though ;) E.T.A : sometime this week I hope...

Edit : Can try this one? I'm too tired and lazy at the moment, I just wanted to try it (but this should probably do the trick) before I go to bed (also to eliminate the possibility of forgetting about this) :P

hey mate i am in no rush at all.

I think this is the error log please forgive me if it is not. To produce it i turned off my router (that means that my Ethernet became unplugged) and i started lcdstudio.

Code: Select all

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at UnoHTMLReader.UnoHTMLReaderPlugin.GetHTML(String url)
   at UnoHTMLReader.UnoHTMLReaderPlugin.UpdateData(IDataService ds)
   at UnoHTMLReader.UnoHTMLReaderPlugin.RegisterData(IDataService ds)
   at LcdStudio.CoreInterfaces.AbstractDataPlugin.Initialize(XmlNode configNode)
   at LcdStudio.Core.Services.PluginService.Load(Type PluginType, XmlNode configNode, String ID)
   at LcdStudio.Core.Services.PluginService.Initialize()

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:17 am

Ok, thanks for the log too.
It seems the problem is what I thought it was but I probably missed a step.
I'll nail that bastard down tonight then...

Th

Postby Th » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm

Hey UNOPARATOR,

I like your plugin very much!

Do you thinks its possible to set down the Refresh rate or make it possible to be set by the user?

Thx
Th

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm

Vow someone is using my plugin!!! I didn't see that one coming :P

I remember having some problems with the refresh rate when changing from the options tab (it was not obeying the interval) so I didn't include it...
But it has been a long time, I might be remembering it wrong :P

I'll see what I can do... (in a few days)

spock
Site Admin

Plug

Postby spock » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 am

Come on now, Unop, spare us the melodrama! :P
You know there are plenty of people out there using your plug-in. Stop playing the poor programmer, and make it better! :D
Cheers!
Live long and prosper...

necrogami

Postby necrogami » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:05 am

please please please please PLEASE remove my url from the plugin the link no longer exists and at the moment i'm taking about 85K hits a month on the url
Current Desktop: Dual AMD Opteron 246 | 2Gb DDR | 12.5TB HD Space (22x 750GB Raid 6)| XFX 8800GTX XXX | PNY Nvidia Quadro 4500x2 | 20.1" - 20.1" - 30" - 20.1" - 20.1" LCD's Res 7560x1600
George: 24 Node Beowulf Cluster (Dual AMD Athlon MP 2200+)

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:16 am

necrogami wrote:please please please please PLEASE remove my url from the plugin the link no longer exists and at the moment i'm taking about 85K hits a month on the url
Sorry about that =) Fixed now...

necrogami

Postby necrogami » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Thanks man hopefully that will help lower my traffic
Current Desktop: Dual AMD Opteron 246 | 2Gb DDR | 12.5TB HD Space (22x 750GB Raid 6)| XFX 8800GTX XXX | PNY Nvidia Quadro 4500x2 | 20.1" - 20.1" - 30" - 20.1" - 20.1" LCD's Res 7560x1600
George: 24 Node Beowulf Cluster (Dual AMD Athlon MP 2200+)

aqutavia

Postby aqutavia » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:58 am

Heh... oops.

Has anyone experienced this HTML Plugin freezing and locking LCDStudio? I had manually delete it and reinstall LCDStudio.
Im not sure what caused it... and Im sure im the only one.

I think it was just the random hard drive gremlins trying to take me away.

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 am

If the URLs you entered in the plugin's options are heavy html pages, it may cause locks while retrieving the html code from those URLs...

aqutavia

Postby aqutavia » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:16 am

I was just using the one buy default. Which sounds like has changed now.
But it just sucked that I had to re-install LCDStudio all because of a plugin... at least, I think thats why.
Maybe there were some other factors I'm not aware of.
I was just curious if I was the only one.

UNOPARATOR
Homo Moderatus

Postby UNOPARATOR » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:08 pm

I just updated the plugin. WhatIsMyIp needed to be fixed because www.WhatIsMyIp.com changed their page and some other stuff (read the first post why) but still the old version was not freezing anything for me with just the default (WhatIsMyIp) value (no URL entered)...

Return to “Plugins”