Problems with Aida64.

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

Problems with Aida64.

Postby TonyC46 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Has someone out there got the patience etc., to help me out with this?

I have LCDstudio/Aida64/ SDC Megtron all installed with their various plugins and working with each other. LCDstudio shows, ( in Dataview under Aida64 SM ), all of the info that I would like to put on screen. When I click on an item I get a box up
that enables me to " Add New Item ". What exactly do I need to put in " Key " and " Tree Location "?

As you have probably realised by now, I know nothing about what I am trying to do. However, having got this far I would like to see it through and get some results.

Thanks, in anticipation.
TonyC46

Plug

Postby spock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:23 am

Just use drag'n'drop to create designs and forget about right-clicking the items. What "add new item" does is create a new custom variable, which, from the looks of it, will take you some time to get to.
Cheers!
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby TonyC46 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 am

I thank you for your reply, but must confess that it confuses me even more. What do I drag, from where and, where exactly do I drop it?
On another note, is there some kind of instructional help in using LCDstudio available?
TonyC46

Plug

Postby spock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Why don't you start by explaining in detail what exactly you want to do?
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby TonyC46 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks for the interest. Basically I want to put, on the small screen, various items shown in the OSD/Sensor Panel in AIDA64. Namely mobo.cpu,core 0,1,2,3, gpu temps and maybe a couple of voltages. I've just built a chiller cooled set up and while it's nothing new, it is to me and I would like to monitor certain aspects while in program. I thought that using LCDstudio would be ideal for this. At this stage I'm not looking for anything fancy such as Bar or Clock read outs, just plain old text. However, if I can eventually get this old head around the system I may try for something a bit more ambitious.

I hope this is what you want, if not please ask away. Once again thanks for your interest.
TonyC46

Plug

Postby spock » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:12 am

Ok, so basically, your "problem" doesn't have to do with the plug-in, you just don't know how to use LCDstudio.
What you have to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Create a new design -- just press the leftmost button on the toolbar (or go to File - New - Design)
2. Switch to the "Data View" tab (bottom left) where you can see all the data items
3. Locate the data item you want
4. Aim with the mouse arrow
5. Click and hold the mouse button down
6. Move the arrow to the design area
7. Release the mouse button

There. Now, you should have the much wanted text in your design and, if you've set up your LCD correctly, on your LCD as well.
If you want gauges and bars and shit, you have to go to the "Toolbox" tab and select the widget you want. By just clicking on one, it will appear in the design area. Alternatively, you can use drag'n'drop (steps 4 to 7) again. Once the object is in the design, you can use the almighty drag'n'drop approach to drop data onto widgets, by which action, the aforementioned widget will start using the data dropped onto it. If you double-click any object in the design, the left panel will switch to show the object's properties, where you can tweak it to your liking. Obviously, the same goes for the plain text objects, where you can change font, size, weight etc. Also, by clicking on an object, you can resize it using the size handles that appear in the box around it.

So... I guess that covers the basics. If you've got any more questions, feel free to ask.
Cheers!
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby TonyC46 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

Absolutely spot on. I have a working display and can see many possibilities and improvements for future use.
You made it really easy, I really can't thank you enough!
TonyC46

Return to Plugins