FRAPS Plugin Help.

All your questions about LcdStudio 2.0 Plugins

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

FRAPS Plugin Help.

Postby MikeMK » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Hey all, pretty new to this whole LCD Studio thing, and have a (hopefully) quick question. The screen I am using is a GX Typhoon BTW.

I have a number of screens setup now in a cycle, and I have just made one for FRAPS. Now I only want the screen to appear when a game is running and not when im in desktop. The thing is that if I set a parameter up in the 'alerts' tab of the playist, it will display the FRAPS screen in game fine, but thats ALL it will display. What I am trying to get it to do is add it to the rotation of the other screens, so I can still see my GPU/CPU temps etc.

Ive managed this with my winamp screen via the 'active when' option on the regular rotation tab, but there are options there for winamp, but there are none for FRAPs.

Is there a way around this, or can I not do what I want to do?

Thanks,

Mike.
MikeMK

fraps

Postby spock » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 pm

You can create a boolean custom variable that will only go true when fraps reports frames >0 or something, and use that to control the visibility of the design in your regular rotation, via "Active when".
Cheers!
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Postby MikeMK » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there a guide on how to do this? As I mentioned, im pretty new to this!
MikeMK

fraps

Postby spock » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Well... not really. Custom variables are just pieces of code written in C# and you can get one by right-clicking somewhere in the data tree panel. All the already existing variables can be drag-and-dropped into the code box from the data tree. The only thing you need to actually write is the code binding the new variable with the already present data.
For more insight, you can search this forum, there are loads of custom variable examples in here.
Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't use Fraps and neither do I use its plug-in.
Cheers!
Live long and prosper...
spock
Site Admin

Return to Plugins