Jump to a new design when SysFan.Temps.5 is larger than 70

Show off and share your LcdStudio 2.0 Designs.

Moderator: LcdStudio2 Experts

Blomsterbob

Jump to a new design when SysFan.Temps.5 is larger than 70

Postby Blomsterbob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to make myself a personal monitor-app. Only one question about the playlist-configuration:

Is it possible to make the app jump to another design when the CPU-temperature reaches 70 degrees Celsius? And in that case; how? I want a warning-message to pop up if the CPU is dangerously hot. :D

- Fredrik

spock
Site Admin

Hot

Postby spock » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:00 pm

First of all, this has nothing to do with the SDK, that's why I moved the topic into 'Designs'.
All you have to do is to create a custom variable, boolean, that will go true when the CPU temperature data item is equal to or over 70
Live long and prosper...

JDogg

Postby JDogg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Could you go into more detail, when I tried to do this it kept switching to my "danger" design every 5 seconds.
EDIT:I'll go into more detail

Code: Select all

if (((Double)GetData("SysFan.Temps.2")) >= 95)
return "true";
else
return "false";

That's the code I use, I have another one which is the same but for the GPU temp, I have set up an alert in my playlist, regular rotation is Temps.xds runtime is 5 active when=always. Alerts, both my alerts set up, runtime 5 active when cputemp/gputemp changes to true. I changed the cputemp to >=15 for testing (It's at 29), but the alert wont pop up :(.

spock
Site Admin

C

Postby spock » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:35 am

Just lose the quotation marks around true and false...
Live long and prosper...

JDogg

Postby JDogg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

spock
Site Admin

Custom

Postby spock » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:31 am

Mate, have you noticed what the alert dialogue clearly states? Like "active when 'cputemp' changes to true"?
If you still don't get it, the value has to change! In order to test it, just put a value a bit higher than idle, run a CPU benchmark and wait for the temperature to rise.
Live long and prosper...

sporb

Postby sporb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:36 am

Ive been trying to do this myself with mixed success; it works till i reboot. It would appear that LCDStudio forgets all my custom variables when i reboot. Im probably missing somthing really stupid here but for the life of me i cant figure out what. Ive searched the site but i cant seem to find anything.

spock
Site Admin

Custom

Postby spock » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 am

You haven't searched enough. We've talked about this a trillion times. LCDstudio saves settings and custom variables NOT on reboot, but on EXIT. That is, you have to right-click its icon in the system tray and select 'exit'.
Live long and prosper...

Return to “Designs”